Begin! the immortal journey where the only limit to life is imagination.

The southwest kingdom

Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

The southwest kingdom

Post  Silver_neko11 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:17 pm

The sun was rising above the sky of the land with the queen of the kingdom studying over a few things that's going on with her home. The Queen named Alana was hearing word of other kingdoms either having problems or something else resulting of abused magic, creatures destroying land, and thieves trying to get through the guards into their kingdoms to steal their treasures and stuff. She knew her parents that's still living in the kingdom was always telling Alana everything will be okay.

She knew her parents were right but she wanted to be sure it will be okay. Nothing will cause her to lose focus on this and hope for doing everything right with this. Her people, and other subjects counted on her but because of her being so worried and focused on this, her parents fear the thought of her being alone with no king to marry. She knew others have tried to ask for her hand in marriage but she refused kindly.

Maybe in hope for the one prince can try to win her heart before other evil like kings try doing something like that to make her more worried about things. She sees one helping beside her checking some things but pours some water for Alana to drink while working on what she was doing. Just as she was about to take a sip she heard someone opening the door that showed her parents walking in or her mother.

"Alana? What are you doing working again and during a lovely day as this?"

"What I usually do after I wake and get ready for the day; work. I have much to do that I can't waste any time not doing much. So I need to do this."

"Again? Dear, I get you're trying to get as much work done as possible but you need to rest once in a while. Overworking can not be healthy for you." she said.

"But I can't rest mother. Theirs so many things that needs to get done right now so I just can't simply rest. I just need to figure something out and things will be okay..as I said before to you." she said but her mother sighed.

"Alana, I know and understand the pressure you feel right now but your father and I are worried about you. Seeing you working this hard makes me wonder if we will see grandkids one day. We just want you to be happy and wed someone you love deeply." she said.

"Mother...their is no man I find close to give my heart to them. I'm skipping that because I don't have the time. Love can wait as it always has. Besides, I've got a report of another shipment coming to the kingdom that needs to be worked on and other things too...I just don't have the time."

"Honey, once in a while you will regret not being with someone now please just try to relax.." Her mother said but she just went back to work anyway to make her mother sigh. Now she's hoping for another king to win her daughter's heart and help her relax.

Last edited by Silver_neko11 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Brandon Maboroshi2

Re: The southwest kingdom

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:42 pm

Gareth was a young knight who served her family since birth his fathers dying wish w as that he be trained as a knight
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:45 pm

The queen goes back to check on the others that roam the kingdom but she did see the head leader for the knights trying to add more and more that wishes to help protect everyone. She found it joyful and a blessing that so many wished to help but if only her daughter knew that. With her mind focused on so much work, she wasn't sure about the things around her which was upsetting for the queen.

The leader for the knights was shouting out for all to hear as they would soon begin their training. The queen sees each one doing the royal salute with blade in hand ready to train but turns away to go back to her husband that was eating breakfast thinking about his daughter that was working once more. Back then, she used to be the most active playful girl in the world but now she's a workaholic that won't spend much time with anyone else but herself to help the kingdom. He saw the results in that sort of thing and it was not pretty to see so now he's worried about her being like that.

He lets out a sigh before hearing the door open, watching his wife walking in and take a seat beside him again. One maid pours some tea for her which she thanks her for and picks it up to take a sip.

Brandon Maboroshi2

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:54 am

"Dear what was the name of that boy who played so much with our daughter when they were children?" He gulped his wine. "Seems like ever since he became a knight with constant dities she has become a workaholic" he gufawed again eating as his wife walked bu.
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:15 pm

"Hmmmm, the boy....I believe his name was Gareth. I remembered him when we met his parents and him. He was such a sweet young boy that had our daughter as a true best friend. *Sighs* The years do pass by so fast. It seemed like only yesterday they were little." She said looking at the tea with a sad smile since it's been years. Both Alana and Gareth never spend much time as friends but as kids they did.

Now, it seems that never even happened between them. The mother names Ariel picks up her tea cup again and drinks a bit more from it. As for her husband Tomas was eating his food with a sigh as well. "My dear, do you think it's possible if the two even remember what the other looks like? Since their busy with their lives, things seem to just disappear."

"Oh, don't say it that way love. You make it sound like they don't want to deal with each other anymore and you know that's not true. I know deep down both our daughter and him remember but their blinded by the way things are now to see it." She sets the cup down when a maid pours more tea for her to drink. Ariel and Tomas wanted both of the children to grow up and be happy. Their had to be some way to make the two of them see one another again to clear their minds but how? The two kept thinking about this but wonders if their was some way or plan.

"I'm going to figure something out so that might wake the two up." Ariel said with a smile but Tomas sighed looking to his wife.

"If you must but good luck. I'm curious if this will work."

Brandon Maboroshi2

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:10 pm

Gareth was off on a campain that the king sent him on and his seige was reaching the budget limit. Obly days before there was a report of bandits stealing supplies. Nothing since and reports were a week old.
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:13 am

Alana was still working on that to be sure it's nothing else that was going wrong. She sees things were adding up but things were also missing during the time. After some time, that gotten her more angry to see reports of bandits stealing more of their items.

Brandon Maboroshi2

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:37 pm

There was a trumpet sound as the messenger finally arived with the latest report.

More supplies are being taken but the seige is not slowed down the walls are weakening and the cries inside grow louder. They ring in my ears making me want to stop. I continue the campaign in the name of the kingdom. Please report to alana that i understand her anger with me from her latest orders. And also report to her highness to remind her that bandits dont attack my company they attack the supply line and redirect the supplies to a different path they can ambush

That front is stable we have no desire or manpower to reclaim that which would certainly be sold or used up by the time we find them.

One montn till i return if there is a change in satatus either way my next report will be black.

The m3ssenger said that he was commanded not to return until the letters and packages for his men were delivered into the messengers hands. This angered th3 king who was once a gentle man but over time th3 darkness 8n the kingdom slowly drained his heart away new ministers were scary one was executed for trying to rape alana the others simply follow her with their eyes when no one is watching. They were dark and she was slowly darkening as well from stress and lonliness.

These ministers and their elected help had somehow convinced th3 king to harden his polocoes and his heart sending th3 best examles of the true values of the k8ngdon out of earshot on war campai gs and endless relic hunts in the unmarked places on maps

Gareth was th3 first to leave he fought to stay but alana herself for fear of his life sent him a secret messege before her heart darkened exclaiming her love and how he n3eded to leave before they ordered his death for delaying the campaign. Heeding her words only he swiftly went to the king and accepted th3 command. It had been years since then and bandits were always attacking him and where ever he was seemed to flourish with life and growth until he left.

As alana read his latest report her heart panged with her love for him that was slowly being twisted into the idea of lust by the ministers. Unknown to her her trusted maids had been claimed by the darkness and were slowly poisoning her heart with their words and suggestions that she doesnt love him and he was letting his men suffer by letting bandits take his supplies.

The month passed when word spread like wildfire that the kingdon he had been sent to claim was fallen and he was returning not as a knight like when he left but as a general. The rank he was promoted to as a target for death. The ministers have been getting angry that he has been succeeding in suicide missions and his forces continue to grow after every campain. Many of his men joined him with the kings permission under the oath that none will set foot in the castle from fallrn nations. And his forces were like a huge wave ob the ground or a river of metal and wood on the roads.

Alana heard of his return for the first time in years but her feelings were twisted to anger lust and hate in the years he was gone. He knew this when he only heard from her in official teports and her private mesages had stipped.

Truthfully she stopped sending them but not writing them. They were her link to the light of he rlive and she hides them to keep them safe. Her messages were being removed to try and darken his heart while he was away. The plan backfired as his campains became swifter. He had to return and on his way back an assasin tried to kill him but one of his men got in the way killing the man with a new weapon that sounded like thunder and smelled of the stories of hellfire

Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:48 pm

A few of the knights went to see if he was alright and not hurt. They were glad to see the young lad well and alright when the others removed the body that soiled the earth with their blood. Gareth examined the unknown new weapon as he checked it's length, strength, balance, and other things he might find. Maybe this new weapon could be of some use against the enemy? Either way, he was to return to the castle when he knew many others awaited his return. Well, almost everyone since he knew one person might not be happy to see him after being gone for so long. The travel turned to nights and days once more, seeing his men following him to the ends of the earth and back. he cared for them as his brothers and comrades that only wished to keep their home safe.

Back at the castle, Alana was still busy as usual but more frequently than other days. The house maids gotten word that she's been trying to distract her thoughts and minds due to the general's return home. She might be furious with him for being gone this long but he had a duty to do and that included watching over the people that lived here. Including her. He was only doing what she requested of him and ordered. Not to break a thing the queen asked of him. This news troubled Ariel and Tomas very deeply to their daughter over doing it but worse this time. They fear she'll fall into it so deeply, that she might never wish to stop and become ill.

Her mother hurries to check on Alana as the doors were shut with some light from a candle. She must have the curtains covering the windows again during her dark studies. This would not do for the young queen and it seems she's just making it worse. Ariel opens the doors with the light from the hall shines inside to show her daughter at the table once more still working her head off as the nights before. She walked into the study of her daughter's bedroom seeing towers of notes, work, and other documents that the people have wished of her or blessings some call it.

"Alana? Why are you in the dark my child?" she asked worried about her but she only heard a loud yawn from her daughter. Was she up all night again from last night or was she just tired from the over work of the documents.

"Honey-"

"I'm fine mother. I'm still half way through the older documents from months ago when the supplies were not as low. Right now, I have to figure out how to-"

"I think you done enough sweetie. Look at yourself. You're losing sleep, your not eating, and your over exhausting yourself from this work load you gave yourself. I know you wish to keep your people happy but you have to take care of yourself before you end up getting yourself ill." she warned her since it's happened to her parents that caused her to lose her kingdom but ends up getting placed in her husband's kingdom where he was the prince at the time. She sees Alana yawn again but looked at her mouth with tired eyes.

"Mother please. I still need to work and I don't have time to sleep, eat, or rest. This has to be done.."

"But you need to rest first sweetheart. Just look at how your sounding. You're yawning and about to pass out. I get this is important but please. You have to take it easy and relax for yourself..." she begs of her but Alana had no words to speak of her mother. Before long, she only sighed and looked away from her mother's worried face to think for a second.

"Very well mother. I'll take a break for a while..but no more. After I wake, it's back to work.."

"Thank you dear.." She sees her get up and head to the bathroom getting ready to get some rest but Ariel goes to help her since she seems to be on the edge of passing out. Which in truth she was right. Alana was yawning and slipping in the bathroom before her mother helps her out of her dress and gets her into the bath to watch her clean. She made sure to use lavender that is to help another sleep for a good few hours.

The water was relaxing and warm that it soothes her whole body before Ariel was done and helping her daughter out of the tub. She helps her into the room to dry her carefully and then gets her in a sleeping gown. Alana was then layed on the bed and when she did, her mother noticed right away she went to sleep. She knew her daughter over did it but she'll take care of things while she sleeps. Ariel turns away to leave the room and shuts the door to her daughter's room.

"Maid?"

"Yes, milady?"

"Be sure to watch the door. No one is to disturb the queen...." she said gently while the maid gives a nod of her word before Ariel leaves to the main throne room to watch over the kingdom till Alana got her rest.

Brandon Maboroshi2

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:24 pm

As Gareth neard the kingdom he looked around at how it was suffering he couldnt do anything about it as he was and hoped to help the ones who neede it. The remaining supplies were evenly distrubuted to the vilages on the path home
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:54 pm

The knights made sure each one of the supplies made it safely to their destinations. People of the kingdom were grateful for this while others grew angry that it came so late. He gave his apologies to them but he couldn't explain why. That could only cause a fight between the people and the royal family. Others were even rebuilding their homes that became lost due to the low supplies and needed items. Even to drive others insane with madness because of that. Gareth looked away and hurries up towards the kingdom that didn't seem any better than down here. It only looked worse from his point of view.

Brandon Maboroshi2

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:06 pm

The castle gates open and the drawbridge
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:31 pm

From within the castle seems to be still in some rebuilding process was going on in some locations but not all. Others were not too bad but did seem damaged or infected from the last attacks it had. Gareth makes his way to the center of the castle where he knew the queen was waiting for him. He makes his knights halt before he gets down from the horse and begins walking up the stairs and towards the main doors. He sees them open slowly to show the throne room but sees the queen's mother Ariel sitting upon Alana's throne.

Not sure why, he decided not to question it while heading over towards the throne and gets on one knee. He bows his head towards her gently while Ariel slowly held a hand up so he can rise if he wished. "My queen Ariel. I've returned back to the kingdom but I'm surprised to see you upon the throne and not queen Alana."

"I know it's so sudden Gareth but the queen is......resting. She deeply needs it for a good while after her work. It'll be for a few hours I'm guessing so till then, I'll watch over the throne for her when she wakes." she explained but Gareth didn't question the queen about the decision. If the queen was resting then she was resting. He would go to check up on her but he didn't know if she's allowed for others to see her right now.

Brandon Maboroshi2

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:03 am

Gareth nodded and went to the room designated to him
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:11 am

Other guards still watched him walking by but other servants kept doing their usual thing for the day. Just as Queen Alana ordered. Two knights sees Gareth before doing a salute to him and opens the door for him. He sees his office room ready and cleaned for him after getting word of his promotion to general. Gareth walks into the office and takes a look around seeing everything was here for him so he can continue his work on what was needed.

"Thank you, your dismissed." He sees them salute again and turns to do their usual thing for today. While for him, he took a seat to check if anything was set for him but nothing. Just letters and other things were the thing seen and it wasn't too bad. However, he wonders if anything else was needed during the time while taking a seat to read some were letters. Some from people that thanked him and others that was saying how much he wasn't helpful but that didn't faze him as badly.

Brandon Maboroshi2

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:45 pm

He stayed in his room until mealtime or war meetings. He answered summons and didnt roam aroind the castle. Alana was angry at him probably hated him now. Her heart knew the truth and pumped her body full of her old love for him.
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:50 pm

He wasn't sure if she was still sleeping in her bed chambers or up and about, working herself to death. Ugh, the word made him shudder in disgust thinking of it but that made him wonder how the world was like now. Maybe things were not too bad as now because he was always innocent and so was his best friend Alana. Before he gets the chance to do anything, he heard a knock at the door to look over at it and takes a seat on the chair.

"Come on in.." He said seeing the door open to show a servant that was carrying some tea for him.

"Apologies for bothering you general, the queen wanted me to give you this. In hopes you were alright?" she asked.

"I didn't ask for tea."

"The queen's mother figures you may have needed it. After your long journey.." She walks over and sets the tea cup down on his desk.

Brandon Maboroshi2

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:59 pm

I dont want it. " he said again. He always prepared his own meals and thenmeals for most of hisnmen.

The ministers were furious because it was stopping the maids on his side from getting gareths men to obey him not gareth. Did he know or was he lucky the ministers grew afraid because if he knew he was a threat if he didnt he was a worse threat.
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:04 pm

They decided not to test it and make things worse, going ahead to do what is needed for his work. After for so long, The queen and king, Ariel and Tomas was speaking with their people to see that everything was going to be okay. Nothing would happen for a while thanks to Gareth to hear them cheering. They were safe for the time being but that only made the queen worry. Because she knew their daughter was awake and went back to work after the rest. She even left a 'do not disturb' sign hanging on the door while working.

"......"

"Now, I hope that you all will be alright and remain in peace among one another. That's all I ask from all of you." He said seeing a few nodding and agreeing with them. This way, things will be alright and ready just in case something happens later on. The two leaves from the throne and heard the others leaving the room now to their usual duties.

Brandon Maboroshi2

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:10 pm

The crowds were fuller this time after the regulars and diplomats were done the newer ones surged forth all bearing gifts. All from villages gareth passed through and all areas where bandits stole his supplies. All of they were thanking gareth for sav8ng their villages and ensurinv they could pay the rising taxes. Th e queen was touched th3 king was not he was angry as the darkness inside him and th e ministers festered ht3ing gareth more. Alana could hear everyone talking about gareth and her heart poured more of her love into her and her dark desires started to feed off it growing and making her want him.
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:17 pm

She shook her head not wanting to fall into the darkness of her needs. Right now, she only wanted to keep working to get things done. While writing down some new shipments for others in further islands are waiting still, Alana just wanted to help whoever she could during the time. Right now, she was just done filling a document and lets out a sigh when another bit of work came just for her and started working. During the time the hours passed, others have seen Alana leave her room to check on some others things in the kingdom, hoping they were alright and the places were getting fixed.

Brandon Maboroshi2

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:21 pm

She crashed into gareth who was preparing a naval force under orders from the ministers and her father. Their bodies clash bringing a hit from old feelings and new desires to them both. He helped her up but she slapped his hand away running a she rheart pounded in her chest thrwatening to burst.
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:28 pm

He wanted to follow after her so they could speak about what was happening between them but Gareth couldn't move. His body wouldn't move from the sight moment they crashed into one another. Did she really hate him that much? With his head lowering down and eyes shadowed, he fears things would get worse if things couldn't get better between them. With Alana, she gets to her bed room to slam the door rather loud with her body pressed against the door. One hand grips the front of her dress breathing in and out to try and relax. How in the world did she feel this weak and she just walked into him. Now, she was only hoping to fix this sudden pain within the heart. They could talk about things but she still was angry with him. For many reasons but the one that made her angry was when he left without telling her.

It was like he abandoned her and never wished to see her again. That's what Alana saw but she looked down now unsure.

Brandon Maboroshi2

Post  Brandon Maboroshi2 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:30 pm

The memory of his bkush3d embarrased surpeised face made her heart skip a beat the start palpatating.
    Silver_neko11
    Rose
    Rose

Post  Silver_neko11 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:36 pm

"......." She slowly lowers her hand not sure to what or how she can react to this but jumps when someone knocked on the door. "Milady? Is everything alright? You just ran from General Gareth. Did something happen?" A maid was sent to check on the queen but Alana sighed and released a shaky breath.

"Y-Yes...I'm fine."

"If you are sure. We wanted to be sure you were well and not ill since you just ran rather quickly. Didn't you wish to speak with sir-"

"Not right n-now. I don't think it's time for us to speak or meet. As queen, I still need...t-time. I can't face him right now."

".......I-If you wish, your majesty." The maid turns to leave from the door so Alana was alone now. She slide down from the door to the floor, covering her face to think.

Last edited by Silver_neko11 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:00 am